Notes on applying a visa:
A Vietnamese entry visa is required for all foreigners wishing to visit Vietnam except for citizens of countries having bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Vietnam.
Types of visa:
- Tourist Visas
- Only for single entry
- Maximum stay in Vietnam of one month.
Tourist visas may be extended after your arrival in Vietnam.
- Diplomatic and official Visas
- No fees unless otherwise agreed upon between Vietnam and applicant’ s country.
- On applying this visa, the applicant must submit an official letter from the concerned agencies of local government, foreign embassies or consulates accredited to the applicant’s country, international organizations, or other accredited organizations based in that country.
- Business or other types of Visas
- On applying this visa, the applicant should obtain the approval through their sponsor in Vietnam.
- Multiple entry and stay of 3 month or 6 month is possible.
How to get visa approval?
You can apply a visa by yourself or by Traveltovietnam Processing Service.
Apply by yourself at the embassy or consulate of Vietnam in your country
- Click here for the addresses of Vietnam Embassies and Consulates in the world
- Documents needed: Passport of 6 months’ validity, visa application forms, and probably some others required by the embassy or consulate. Visa forms are available by getting directly at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country or by sending there a stamped, self-addressed envelope addressed to Visa Section.
- Fees vary from embassy to embassy.
Tourist visa - single 1 month getting at the airport: you should bring a 3x4 photo.
Business visa are good for six months and provide for multiple entries. Sponsorship by a licensed enterprise in Vietnam may be required. Your Vietnamese trade partner will provide you with the necessary details.